My Top 3 Choices of the Best Hunting Bows under 500 Dollars
While I’m primarily biased towards hunting knives, I also use a hunting bow sometimes as it’s a good survival or hunting skill to learn. I am a person who loves the green forest and barren wilderness just for the sake of being in, and near nature. Imagine doing a 3-day tramp through the wilderness; living in nature, walking, and breathing the unpolluted air in an ethereal environment that is mostly undisturbed by man-made objects and sounds. My idea of heaven.
While I am tramping along, my stomach reminds me of food that it needs so I can have energy to continue my walk through the wilderness. I can build a fire easily as I have my trusty axe to cut, chop and split different types of wood and plenty of water is accessible in the multitude of lakes and streams that criss-cross the forest.
Before I hunt and provide venison for myself, I am in the process of hunting myself a trusty hunting bow. After checking out a few of those that are available and based on my usage experience, I have narrowed down my choices to the following three.
My 3 Picks for the Best Hunting Bows Under $500
My top 3 choices would be the Genesis Original Bow, Southland Archery Supply SAS Rage, and the Barnett Vortex Youth in that order. We will briefly go through some features, pros, and cons of all three of the bows together to understand why they are among the top-rated hunting in 2017.
#1 – Genesis Original Bow
This is my #1 choice as it is a bow that though, has been designed with young users in mind, it is easily adjustable for use by an adult like me. The amazing draw precision and a design that reduces any tuning or recoil issues, fits the needs of both beginners and advanced adults alike. Users of this equipment agree that this bow is well-made and performs as expected.
- This bow is adjustable as per user needs as the young person grows in height, weight, and strength.
- This well-built bow is easily customizable and its outstanding characteristic is ease of use
- The Genesis is very durable as individual components are precision crafted from strong raw material
- Costs around $155 and is value for money
- Some owners of this bow have issues with less number of accessories being sold with the original product.
#2 – Southland Archery Supply SAS Rage
If my #1 choice, the Genesis Original Bow was not available for some reason, then this would be my second choice. The SAS Rage is a great bow for beginner archers to learn the ropes, but can be used as a weapon for shooting too.
Budding archers will find this weapon extremely helpful to master their sport because of its high quality, durability, and reliability.
- Excellent autumn camouflage colour lets beginners get the thrill form the hunt as the game cannot detect them. Very good for the surprise element in hunting.
- Draw weights can be decreased or increased by simply just loosening or tightening one bolt. The compressed ABS limbs provide long life.
- Lightweight at 4.4 lbs, easy to carry even by novices
- Super accurate with a maximum speed of 270 feet per second
- Very suitable for hunting and very good for beginners
- Manufacturer name not well known but the bow deserves a fair personal assessment based on its merits and not its manufacturer
#3 – Barnett Vortex Youth
In the rare circumstance of both my choices above not being available for whatever reason, my last choice would be the Barnett Vortex Youth bow.
The Vortex bow has been selected, as among the best hunting bows in 2017, as Barnett is one of the most popular brands in this product category. Though light in weight, it is very strong in performance that is comparable to that of the full bows from Barnett, that are heavier in weight.
- Solid construction
- High shooting accuracy
- Adheres to ATA / AMO standards
- Basic package includes a quiver and three arrows as standard
- Designed by specialists
- 5-year warranty against technical defects
- The Quiver wears out on prolonged use but durable versions of the quiver can be purchased separately
- This bow is not for sale in certain US zip codes
As I have said earlier, before I hunt and provide any game meat for myself during my next tramp through the wilderness, I will be buying for myself a Genesis Original Bow with relevant accessories to facilitate hunting and satisfy one of my basic human physiological needs.